The City of Martinsville does not maintain customer owned buried or exposed piping downstream of the meter set.
Each customer should be aware that:
1. The City of Martinsville does not maintain the customer’s buried piping.
2. The customer’s buried piping may be subject to the potential hazards of corrosion and leakage.
3. Buried gas piping should be:
a. Periodically inspected for leaks
b. Periodically inspected for corrosion if the piping is metallic
c. Repair is any unsafe condition is discovered
4. When excavating near buried gas piping, the piping should be located in advance, and the excavation done by hand.
* This notification is to comply with code of Federal Regulations Subpart 192.16(9-13-95)